Boats and Facilities
The dive boats of Beqa Lagoon Resort have a long history with Fiji, and all of our captains are proud and protective of their vessels. Each with more than ample space, the boats allow both passengers and divers to spread out, whether in the wheel house listening to the captain tell stories of Beqa Island, or on the upper sun decks watching the world and water pass by.
All of our vessels are fully equipped with all of the amenities you will need for your day including all safety equipment, life vests, emergency oxygen and first aid kits, marine VHF radios, and marine toilets.
- C-HARLEY – A Beautiful 45 foot Australian designed and built, C-Harley is sailed under Captain Manoa. Designed to accommodate 12 divers she is a beautiful ride to our dive sites and beyond.
- BULL SHARK – An Australian built 48 foot aluminium vessel, Reef Ranger sails under the watchful eye of Captain Gee. With a beautifully spacious upper sun deck she has ample space for the 14-16 divers that she carries out to their destination and back.
- TRADITION – Another Australian designed and built 40 foot fiberglass vessel Tradition is the vessel of proud Captain Livai. As one of our smaller vessels along with C-Harley, Tradition never carries more than 12 divers, allowing everyone to enjoy the ride and the view of the islands in the distance.
- BLUE SURVEYOR –The biggest of our fleet, the Blue Surveyor looks nothing short of majestic as her white hull glides through the water. Measuring a lovely 58 feet she is able to comfortable sail away with 16 divers on board.
- NAYAMOTU - a smaller 28 foot aluminium boat. She is perfectly set up to take small dive groups of 6 out to our dive sites, or run adrenaline fuelled surfers to Frigates Passage and the famous Fiji Pipeline.
Beqa Lagoon Resort is proud to offer our diving guests the option of diving Nitrox in Fiji. We are one of the few dive resorts in Fiji with on-site Nitrox blending facility so our divers can extend their bottom time on our beautiful reefs.
What is Nitrox, a.k.a. Enriched Air (EANx)?
Nitrox is the common name for mixtures of oxygen and nitrogen where the oxygen content is greater than 21%. The most common mixture is 32% oxygen (which is what we offer), with the balance consisting of nitrogen.
Why use Nitrox to dive around Fiji?
Dive longer, with more bottom time and less surface time. With increased oxygen in the mix, there is less nitrogen absorbed into the body's tissues. Generally this affords a diver longer bottom time while still being able to ascend safely so you can spend more time trying to get that photograph of a pair of Blue Ribbon Eels, or that Orangutang Crab hiding on the wreck. Another bonus is sticking to your regular dive time knowing that you have an extra level of safety due to breathing less nitrogen. Nitrox is particularly useful for divers who are doing two or more one-hour long dives in a day or repetitive dives over multiple days.
Beqa Lagoon Resort Nitrox pricing:
- 2 Tanks of EAN32: FJ$40
- 6 Days of Unlimited Nitrox Tanks: FJ$220
- 12 Days of Unlimited Nitrox Tanks: FJ$400
Not Nitrox certified yet?
Diving Nitrox in Fiji has just become easier. With two PADI Nitrox Speciality instructors on staff we are one of the few resorts where you can earn your Nitrox certification while on holiday in Fiji.
PADI Enriched Air Diver course - PADI’s most popular specialty scuba diving course.
PADI Enriched Air Diver Benefits
Becoming Nitrox certified opens up exciting other opportunities in diver training. Here's a sample of PADI Specialties that benefit from your becoming Nitrox certified.
- PADI Wreck Diver
Wrecks tend to be at deeper depths, so nitrox can maximize your exploration time.
- PADI Deep Diver
The general rule is the deeper you dive, the shorter your no stop time, but nitrox actually increases it giving you more time at depth.
- PADI Digital Underwater Photographer
Diving nitrox reduces the amount of residual nitrogen accumulated in your bloodstream, which allows for longer repetitive dives.
- PADI Master Scuba Diver
The PADI Enriched Air Diver course counts toward your Master Scuba Diver rating, which is the highest non-professional rating in recreational diving.
If you are interested in gaining your Nitrox certification while at Beqa Lagoon Resort please contact the resort at least a week before your arrival so we can be sure to have your materials ready for when you arrive.